World Wide Wrestling on Kickstarter

Game designer +Nathan Paoletta is currently running a Kickstarter project for his game World Wide Wrestling, a *World hack that lets you play professional wrestlers in the ring, on camera, and behind the scenes. I support Nathan on Patreon, where he released the beta rules, and it is certainly an interesting game.

I was surprisingly intrigued when I first heard about World Wide Wrestling. I've never been a wrestling fan, even in junior high when it was cool to be one. At the time, however, I didn't understand the theatricality of the sport, the fact that there were storylines and stock characters and dramatic reversals. World Wide Wrestling takes the archetypal storytelling ingredients of the wrestling genre and bakes them into a solid roleplaying game. The game handles the showmanship of the fighting ring, the bluster of on-camera promos, the sometimes fickle response of the audience, and the often cutthroat politics backstage.

I haven't had a chance to play World Wide Wrestling yet, but everything I've heard and read about it makes me sure I'll enjoy it when I do. And for only $20 for the physical book, it's hard to resist. Go and check out the Kickstarter; you might be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

Comments

Popular Posts