Gen Con Week

I'm going to change up the format this week at One Yard Hex. Instead of following the normal daily topics, this week is all about Gen Con, the Best Four Days in Gaming.

This year will be my 10th Gen Con, my ninth with my lovely wife +Jamie Stefko. My relationship to the convention has changed over the years as I've slowly become more involved in freelance game design and writing, but it is still my annual vacation, and I'm finally getting excited for it now that we're only a few days out.

As a service to my readers who can't make it to the show, I will try to cover Gen Con from my perspective (the only one I have). That may mean multiple blog posts once Thursday rolls around. I'm planning to take my Olympus ME51S microphone and possibly collect some short recordings from industry people. (While the microphone is snazzy, these will be recorded on my iPhone, so I can't vouch for sound quality yet, especially if I'm doing it in the exhibit hall.) And I'll try to take plenty of pictures as well.

I'll kick off tomorrow with a post about the things I'm looking forward to this year. If you're going to Gen Con and you read One Yard Hex, one of those things I'm looking forward to is possibly meeting you. If you are going, please comment and let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts